We are so excited to work with Rad.ish Street Food in Traverse City. They are new to the area and they brought with them big, bold, flavors and amazing vegan food.
We asked them to develop a recipe using our DD214 sauce and what they came up with is amazing! You wont miss the meat in this hearty, flavorful taco that has all the right things going for it.
Check them out on Instagram and Facebook and see where they are at. You won’t be disappointed!
Check out their Facebook page here
- 2 heaping TBSP vegan butter (like earth balance)
- 3 boiled (fork tender) red bliss potatoes peeled
- 4 sprigs fresh Thyme off the stem
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup rinsed, stem off Shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 purple onion
DD214 Creamy Chimichurri
- 6 fresh leaves of oregano
- 1 bunch (about 1 cup of parsley)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 3 oz of DD214
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBSP vegan mayo
- Greens (we used micro pea shoots)
- Daiya Pepper Jack Cheese
How to Make Filling
- Add potatoes in salted water and bring to boil (this helps potatoes cook evenly) for about 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender. You can peel them or leave the skins on, your preference.
- Heat up saute pan and add 1 TBSP butter and thyme.
- When butter is melted add your potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Once potatoes start to brown add your Shitake mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally until fully cooked.
- Place filling aside and add the rest of the butter to the same pan. Once melted add the onions and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a food processor add all the DD214 chimichurri ingredients except for mayo and pulse until creamy. Then stir in mayo. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 4 taco size flour tortillas, place in filling on top with a healthy portion of DD214 chimichurri and add your toppings