Girl Boss is the hottest of our sauces. Pork and pineapple are a classic combination. You can also make this recipe with chicken or tofu! Add fresh vegetables or stir fry vegetables and you have a complete meal.
Girl Boss Pineapple Glazed Pork
1 small can of crushed pineapple in juice
2 tbsp Packed light brown sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup soy sauce or tamari
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Girl Boss (you can always use less if you'd like)
2 tbsp cooking liquid (from pork, or extra vegetable stock), see below
Combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2 lbs pork belly
2 tbsp kosher salt
1 onion, diced or sliced 1/4" pieces
2 cups of broth or stock (I prefer vegetable)
1. Season pork with salt and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
2. in a oven safe dish with sides, add pork, onions, and stock. Cover and cook at 300 for 4 hours (until fork tender). *You can use a pressure cooker to speed up the process to 1 hour.
3. Allow the meat to cool completely and reserve the liquid
4. Cube pork and place in a pan over medium heat. Allow to crisp.
5. Add sauce contents and turn heat to low. Simmer until the sauce in thick. Serve immediately with rice or noodles and top with sliced green onions.