Spicy Keto Portabella Burger
We have been dabbling in keto for the last few months and we really enjoy it and enjoy the benefits we have experienced. One drawback that I have found is that a lot of the recipes seem to be the same. I feel like we get stuck in a recipe funk and need to try something new every once in a while to spice it up.
So we made these for dinner one night and it will definitely be a staple on our menu from now on! We hope you enjoy spicing up your weeknight meal.
Each mushroom cap
- 452 calories
- 2g carbs
- 26g of fat
- 42g of protein
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 16 oz ground beef
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup DD214
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Clean portabella mushrooms and pat dry. Put 1 tsp of olive oil on each cap. Place bacon on the sheet next to mushrooms and bake at 450 for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start to brown ground beef. Once half browned, add cream cheese and DD214 to the burger and stir. Allow ground beef to cook fully.
- Switch oven to low broil and ground beef mixture in each mushroom cap, place 1 slice of bacon on each cap and then top with shredded Parmesan.
- Broil on low until cheese starts to melt and bacon is crispy.
- Serve and enjoy