Spicy DD214 Deviled Eggs
I have always loved deviled eggs, they are one of the foods that really go well with any occasion. They are great for a July 4th BBQ or a Thanksgiving appetizer.
Every time I make deviled eggs I think to myself "man, why I don't make these more often?" And every time I take make them and take them to a get together I think, "I wonder if anyone else likes deviled eggs?" And I usually return home with an empty platter.
I guess what I's saying is deviled eggs really are good for any occasion. If your looking for a side dish to bring to an upcoming event, maybe venture outside of your typical green bean casserole and give these a try.
The dill in DD214 adds a nice depth of flavor and the heat, is just enough to be addictive, but not enough to overpower the dish. Even those who aren't 100% with spicy food will like this.
On to the recipe!
1 tsp of water
Salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/3 cup of mayonnaise
1 TSP mustard
2 oz DD214
2 TBSP diced red onion
paprika to taste
- Put eggs into pot of water, add vinegar and salt
- Turn heat to high, add cover and bring to boil
- Once boiling, set to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add mayo, mustard, DD214, onion, salt and pepper and mix
- Once eggs are done cooking, add them to a bowl of ice water or run under cold water. Allow eggs to cool.
- Remove shells and place eggs in bowl
- Cut eggs in half and place the yolk in the mayonnaise mixture
- Stir mixture, add salt and pepper if needed
- Place egg halves on serving dish
- Scoop mayo/yolk mixture into egg halves
- Sprinkle with paprika