Red Hot Griff Wings!
This is the easiest method I've found yet for making crispy, great tasting chicken wings. It takes my oven longer to pre-heat than it does to get the wings ready to go in! The 2 keys, other than the Red Hot Griff, are baking powder and frozen wings!
Frozen wings come ready to go out of the package, no cutting of chicken bits required! Toss them in baking powder (not soda), put them on the baking sheet, and pop them in the oven!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- A 2.5lb bag of frozen wings will need about 1.5 tbsp of baking powder. Toss them in a large sealable bag to coat them.
- A standard baking pan, lined with parchment paper works fine. Even better is a large pan with a wire rack to rest the wings on.
- Bake for 80 minutes
Melt 2 tbsp of butter and combine with 1/4 cup of Red Hot Griff. For me, this is enough for 12 wings.
80 minutes later:
- Toss wings in the Red Hot Griff/butter mixture.
- Option 1: Eat now
- Option 2: Wings go back in the oven on full broil for a couple of minutes (just keep an eye on them and pull them before they burn)